Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cherry Blossom Dreams

Notes: -
I am not very happy about this one, but I can't seem to fix it.
Comments would be nice, so I can try fixing it up!
^_^

The sun shone through the ancient branches,
Bright gold streaking through, illuminating the soft pink of the cherry blossoms
My eyes find you deep in concentration,
Your eyes fixated on your easel
Your hands gripping the pencil
The thin scars decorating your skin turning white
The wind picks up and elegantly the tree sheds its flowers,
Little pink butterflies dancing upon the wind
I try to imitate their grace, twirling beneath
My head tilted up toward the bright sun
My eyes closed enjoying the feel of the velvet petals
Caressing my cheeks as they begin their decent all around me
“Isn’t this the most beautiful place? Don’t you just wish we could stay here forever?”
I turn to see your eyebrows drawn in concentration
“Yep really pretty tree” you mummer back distracted.
With a final stroke from your pencil you look up at me and smile
“I’m all done, let’s get a move on”
You start to collect your things as I turn back to the Cherry Blossom tree,
Trying to commit its beauty to memory
I suddenly recall that this was my dream not yours
Yet here you are far from home in a strange country
You call to me, and I run to you taking your outstretched hand,
So warm and soft despite you’re hardships
I’m glad you’re by my side, sharing this journey with me
I could ask for no better person, my beloved brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment